Updated January 15, 2021
On Monday, January 11, our school transitioned back to our Hybrid Learning model. We were excited to welcome back all K-6 students who tested negative, along with students who tested negative in the Brumbaugh Cohort (grades 7-12). Those in the Hope Cohort with negative test results will return to in-person classes on January 19, as students participating in Hybrid Learning in grades 7-12 come to campus every other week.
Important guidelines for Hybrid Learning:
- Every morning, students need to complete their daily Magnus health screening and be prepared to show their “GO” screen when they arrive on campus (screenshot or print-out is also acceptable) or prior to boarding one of the school shuttles. If you receive a “STOP” screen, you must contact the school nurses who will discuss next steps and return date.
- Students being dropped off must stay in their vehicle until an employee has seen their completed health check and gives them the okay to enter the building. Students driving themselves will show their completed health check before entering the building.
- Upper and Middle School students may not be on campus prior to 8:30 a.m. The hybrid learning schedule for the Upper School can be found here and the Middle School can be found here. Lower School schedules can be found here. (Note: these schedules have not yet been updated to reflect testing shifting from Tuesday to Monday.)
- Third, fourth and fifth-grade students should be dropped off between 8:15 and 8:30 a.m. Kindergarten, first, and second-grade students should be dropped off at 8:30 a.m. All students should be picked up at 3:30 p.m. The schedule for Lower School drop-off and pick-up can be found here.
- All students must be off campus by 12:20 p.m. on Wednesdays and by 4 p.m. all other days. The only exception is for Upper School students staying for athletics practices. However, there will be no late buses.
- Students who compete in high-risk sports outside of school are not allowed to take part in distance learning until stopping outside competition and completing a quarantine period.
- Students must wear a face covering while on campus. Please bring at least two face coverings every day. Masks with valves and bandannas are not permitted.
- Students should bring a reusable water bottle as the water fountains will not be accessible. It is also advisable for Middle and Upper School students to bring a snack as vending machines are not accessible. A snack will be provided to Lower School students.
- Students in grades 6-12 should have a fully charged laptop and bring their charging cords with them. Students in grades K-5 should bring a fully charged iPad but do not need to bring their charging cords as charging stations will be provided.
- Upper and Middle School students must keep their backpacks with them throughout the day, as lockers will not be utilized. Please be mindful when packing for the day.
- All students should have headphones with them.
- Upper School students must enter through the Mayhood Entrance to the main building. Middle School students will be directed through the breezeway to the Izzo Quad and enter through the Middle School entrance.
As always, for us to be able to continue to keep our students and teachers safe, it is vital that whether on campus or off, every one continues to follow the daily health and safety protocols that have kept our community safe over the past 10 months - practice social distancing, wash hands frequently, and wear a face covering in public areas.